* Aki Tuomi via dovecot, 20.04.23 11:46

[...]
Biggest issue in my mind is that you will need to tell Solr to update
it's indexes (somehow) when using version 8 before upgrading to 9.
Because the older indexes are no longer compatible with 9.
If by that you mean migrating from [Fast]LRUCache to CaffeineCache, I found
PGNet Dev's post here [1] and Shawn Heisey's followup here [2] (including a
very handy script) extremely helpful when I did that last year:

[1] https://dovecot.org/pipermail/dovecot/2022-May/124701.html
[2] https://dovecot.org/pipermail/dovecot/2022-May/124711.html

[...]
Other than that, it was pretty simple to get it working in the end.

ACK, same here. :-) Have not yet upgraded to Solr 9.x, though, I'm currently
still at 8.11.2.

Bye,
Thomas