Hi,

My apologies, i am not using dovecot for submission server using postfix with
dovecot-sasl.

I was not able to authenticate if I use a webmail when testing using username
to authenticate with smtp connection it fails.

I could authenticate normally using port 465 / 587 but it is block at the
moment.

When checking there was no smtp-auth on the smtp listed. I tried to enable it
on postfix
smtp_sasl_auth_enable, but it is was not advertise.

# telnet 127.0.0.1 25

Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to 127.0.0.1.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 www.zystro.xyz
ehlo x.zystro.xyz
250-www.zystro.xyz
250-PIPELINING
250-SIZE 10485760
250-ETRN
250-STARTTLS
250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
250-8BITMIME
250-DSN
250-SMTPUTF8
250 CHUNKING
421 4.4.2 www.zystro.xyz Error: timeout exceeded
Connection closed by foreign host.

Should the smtp be advertise with smtp-auth when dovecot-sasl is enable on the
postfix ?

Thank you.

Regards,
-badli