Hello there,

When using the doveadm command (search HEADER "X-Discourse-Post-Id" "") or the IMAP command (SEARCH HEADER X-Discourse-Post-Id ""), emails containing a X-Discourse-Post-Id header are not listed.

I've also tried with non X- headers, such as List-Unsubscribe and Auto-Submitted.

RFC 3501 [1] and Dovecot's documentation [2] both says that this command should return emails containing the header searched.

I couldn't find a mention of this bug in the git history, hence why I'm posting here, maybe there is something wrong with my installation ?

I'm running Dovecot 2.3.20 on Debian on amd64 with an ext4 filesystem. I attached the output of dovecot -n.

[1]: https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc3501.html#section-6.4.4
[2]: https://wiki.dovecot.org/Tools/Doveadm/SearchQuery

--
Cordially,
Léo
# 2.3.20 (80a5ac675d): /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
# Pigeonhole version 0.5.19 (4eae2f79)
# OS: Linux 5.10.0-21-amd64 x86_64  ext4
# Hostname: mailu-dovecot-6449f5fb8f-trjck
auth_mechanisms = plain login
auth_username_chars =
default_login_user = mail
default_vsz_limit = 2 G
disable_plaintext_auth = no
first_valid_gid = 8
first_valid_uid = 8
haproxy_trusted_networks = 10.12.0.0/16
hostname = email.superlel.me
log_path = /dev/stderr
mail_access_groups = mail
mail_gid = mail
mail_home = /mail/%u
mail_location = maildir:/mail/%u
mail_plugins = " quota quota_clone fts fts_xapian"
mail_privileged_group = mail
mail_uid = mail
mail_vsize_bg_after_count = 100
maildir_stat_dirs = yes
managesieve_notify_capability = mailto
managesieve_sieve_capability = fileinto reject envelope encoded-character
vacation subaddress comparator-i;ascii-numeric relational regex imap4flags copy
include variables body enotify environment mailbox date index ihave duplicate
mime foreverypart extracttext spamtest spamtestplus editheader imapsieve
vnd.dovecot.imapsieve
namespace inbox {
  inbox = yes
  location =
  mailbox Drafts {
    auto = subscribe
    special_use = \Drafts
  }
  mailbox Junk {
    auto = subscribe
    special_use = \Junk
  }
  mailbox Sent {
    auto = subscribe
    special_use = \Sent
  }
  mailbox Trash {
    auto = subscribe
    special_use = \Trash
  }
  prefix =
}
passdb {
  args = /etc/dovecot/auth.conf
  driver = dict
}
plugin {
  fts = xapian
  fts_autoindex = yes
  fts_autoindex_exclude = \Trash
  fts_enforced = yes
  fts_xapian = partial=2 full=30
  imapsieve_mailbox1_before = file:/conf/report-spam.sieve
  imapsieve_mailbox1_causes = COPY
  imapsieve_mailbox1_name = Junk
  imapsieve_mailbox2_before = file:/conf/report-ham.sieve
  imapsieve_mailbox2_causes = COPY
  imapsieve_mailbox2_from = Junk
  imapsieve_mailbox2_name = *
  quota = count:User quota
  quota_clone_dict = proxy:/tmp/podop.socket:quota
  quota_vsizes = yes
  sieve = file:~/sieve;active=~/.dovecot.sieve
  sieve_before = dict:proxy:/tmp/podop.socket:sieve
  sieve_execute_bin_dir = /conf/bin
  sieve_extensions = +spamtest +spamtestplus +editheader
  sieve_global_extensions = +vnd.dovecot.execute
  sieve_plugins = sieve_imapsieve sieve_extprograms
  sieve_spamtest_max_value = 15
  sieve_spamtest_status_header = X-Spam-Level
  sieve_spamtest_status_type = strlen
  sieve_vacation_dont_check_recipient = yes
  sieve_vacation_send_from_recipient = yes
  sieve_vacation_to_header_ignore_envelope = yes
  zlib_save_level = 6
}
postmaster_address = postmas...@superlel.me
protocols = imap pop3 lmtp sieve
service imap-login {
  inet_listener imap {
    haproxy = yes
    port = 143
  }
}
service lmtp {
  inet_listener lmtp {
    port = 2525
  }
}
service managesieve-login {
  inet_listener sieve {
    haproxy = yes
    port = 4190
  }
}
service managesieve {
  process_limit = 1024
}
service pop3-login {
  inet_listener pop3 {
    haproxy = yes
    port = 110
  }
}
submission_host = mailu-front.mailu-mailserver.svc.cluster.local
userdb {
  args = /etc/dovecot/auth.conf
  driver = dict
}
protocol imap {
  imap_idle_notify_interval = 29 mins
  mail_max_userip_connections = 20
  mail_plugins = " quota quota_clone fts fts_xapian imap_quota imap_sieve"
}
protocol lmtp {
  mail_plugins = " quota quota_clone fts fts_xapian sieve"
}
protocol sieve {
  ssl = no
}