I’m having synchronization issues in imap.  I am accessing my mail from several
different imap clients: K9 on Android, Windows 11 and 10 mail client, and
Android Gmail app.  Both desktop and laptop, tablet, phone.  I know I have more
than the usual number of imap connections...

Often when I delete a message in one place, it doesn’t get deleted in another.
For example, if I delete a message on K9 then open my laptop, it’s still there
in W11 Mail.  But just now, I deleted some messages on my laptop and swiped
down on K9 and the message disappeared on K9.  But K9 shows other messages
which have been deleted in Windows 11 Mail.  I’ve not yet been able to figure
out a pattern.  It’s annoying me.  I have to delete messages in several
different places.  Messages not coming back, they’re just not being deleted in
one place and that delete operation is not syncing to the others.

Messages seem to be being marked as read properly across devices.  This seems
to be an issue with delete only, so far as I’ve noticed.

I’ve long been using multiple imap clients, this syncing issue started maybe 6
to 8 months ago.

Is there a good way to get debugging info out of dovecot as to what the clients
are doing?

Or does anyone have any advise which might help resolve this without resorting
to me digging into the imap protocol?

Michael Grant