On 17/07/2023 11:41, Aki Tuomi wrote:

You do note that most of the issues you just described were actually
issues with director itself. The director did not do any automatic healing,
load balancing etc, which is why we have a Pro offering that provides actual
clustering component (called Palomar architecture).

I'd not raised those points. Load balancers handle first level load balancing in both scenarios, in any case. poolmon has always adequately managed healing.

To reiterate, we know director mappings are a live mapping set, not a permanent record; there's literally a timeout. Unless I'm in a hurry to re-equalise, I've seldom had to manually intervene. It sorts itself out in a few days.

What I've never had to do is constantly mess around in a database and kick users manually all the time as a _requirement_ just to keep things running. We both know it's not an adequate replacement for director.

Those Lua scripts are OK replacement for a do it yourself environment.

Putting aside the subtext of the retiring of enterprise features outside of Pro, with Pro the issue of the cost involved in being forced to shift to an entirely different architecture now exists.

--
David Zambonini