On 8/7/23 00:40, Robert Schetterer via dovecot wrote:
Am 06.08.23 um 22:15 schrieb David Koski:
Note that this is not just an Outlook problem.  I have discovered that Thunderbird fails on the same emails but continues forward with synchronization instead of blocking.  Why would changing the file name for the email on the server make it work?  (See below.)  Now its looking like a Dovecot issue, no?

David Koski

for me it looks more like a problem with indexing on dovecot
have you tried to recreate the index  and/or force resync of this mailbox

Yes. Index files were deleted and Dovecot recreated them.

https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=https%3a%2f%2fdoc.dovecot.org%2f3.0%2fman%2fdoveadm-force-resync.1%2f&c=E,1,UzSwWY-vy38koQ-foG33NgsCgRfWeGW83s3ZfbnagmmjARp6zYV-VD6ONVELJfuHZDMxSuiuo9r1dGFe9ciI26ygE-xwrxsCPj5vLiWg&typo=1