Hi J,

On 21.08.23 21:08, J Doe wrote:
My current dovecot.conf is rather basic when it comes to namespaces - I have one private namespace per user:

     namespace inbox {
         type = private
         separator = /
         inbox = yes
         hidden = no
         list = yes
         subscriptions = yes
     }

I have some users who connect via more than one client - for instance, some use Apple Mail in addition to Roundcube.  I have noticed that different mail clients sometimes create similar mailboxes, such as Trash and Deleted Items.  I would like the same mailboxes across any client, so I am wondering if there is a way in Dovecot to specify the folders and have the *client* not create them.  For instance, a config in dovecot.conf that specifies a Trash folder and the mail clients cannot create "Deleted Items", etc. in addition to this.

Is this possible ?

this can be done using the settings in

https://github.com/dovecot/core/blob/main/doc/example-config/conf.d/15-mailboxes.conf

Best regards,