On 18/09/2023 16:17, Aki Tuomi via dovecot wrote:

Aki, any ideas? Or have I have hit a ridiculously low 1000D hard coded
limit?

...and I know some troll will comment, so let me say yes I know I can
and will likely have to use nix's "find" to actually cull them, but if
doveadm has an  expunge option, it should do what it is asked of it :)

# doveconf -a
# 2.3.20 (80a5ac675d): /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
# Pigeonhole version 0.5.20 (149edcf2)
# OS: Linux 5.15.117 x86_64 Slackware 15.0 ext4

- Yes I know 2.3.21 was released 2 days ago, but I'm not seeing anything
in changelog/NEWS that's related

--
Regards,
Noel Butler

Can you try using strace for the doveadm command to see what it's up to?

Aki

Aki,

Did you see anything out of the usual in the trace I sent you?

Just asking since I've manually cleaned up most folders, but left one incase you'd like me to try something, so no urgency :)

--
Regards,
Noel Butler

This Email, including attachments, may contain legally privileged information, therefore at all times remains confidential and subject to copyright protected under international law. You may not disseminate this message without the authors express written authority to do so. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender then delete all copies of this message including attachments immediately. Confidentiality, copyright, and legal privilege are not waived or lost by reason of the mistaken delivery of this message.