On Sun, 2023-10-08 at 11:27 -0400, Dave McGuire wrote:
>    We have an existing user with a lot of mail that we need to move from
> one domain to another.  Our mail system is database-backed so changing
> the account is trivial, but can I just move the <user> directory from
> the structure above from one <domain> directory to another and expect
> everything to be ok?  Or is there a better approach? (of course I'll do
> a backup first)

Moving the directory works fine.

The database part can be trickier than it seems at first. Don't forget
to update the aliases both to and from the renamed user. You might also
need to update the databases for any webmail or caldav/carddav
applications you run. And if you're using mysql, I haven't checked in a
few years, but it didn't used to enforce foreign key constraints or
support cascading updates, so beware that updating one table may not
automatically update dependent tables.