Hi all,

Ten years after the fact I learned about POODLE (Padding Oracle On
Downgraded Legacy Encryption) vulnerabilities, which enable a poorly
configured server to force my client to downgrade to vulnerable
encryption.

My current conf.d/10-ssl.conf contains the following line:

ssl_cipher_list = ALL:!LOW:!SSLv3:!EXP:!aNULL

I've read that I should change the preceding line to the following:

ssl_protocols = !SSLv3 !SSLv2

Is this correct?

For some reason I have the same ssl_cipher_list in dovecot.conf. Should
I make the change there too?

Is there anything else I need to change? The following is my current
dovecot.conf:

# 2.3.13 (89f716dc2): /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
# OS: Linux 5.10.12_1 x86_64
# Hostname: mydesk.domain.cxm
mail_location = maildir:~/mail/Maildir:INBOX=~/mail/Maildir/.INBOX
namespace inbox {
  inbox = yes
  location =
  prefix =
}

passdb {
  driver = pam
  args = %s
}

userdb {
  driver = passwd
}

protocols = imap
service imap-login {
  inet_listener imap {
    #port = 143
    port = 0
  }
  inet_listener imaps {
    port = 993
    #port = 0
    ssl = yes
    #ssl = no
  }
}
ssl = required
#ssl = yes
ssl_cert = </etc/ssl/dovecot_certs/certs/dovecot.pem
ssl_cipher_list = ALL:!LOW:!SSLv3:!EXP:!aNULL
ssl_key = </etc/ssl/dovecot_certs/private/dovecot.pem

By the way, does the preceding dovecot.conf even use the files in
directories off conf.d ?

Thanks,

SteveT

Steve Litt