Hi, I've recently upgraded my mail server from Debian 11 to Debian 12. It now runs dovecot 2.3.19.1 (verified with dovecot --version).

According to the "Dovecot Core Settings" page, a new setting 'submission_add_received_header' was added in dovecot 2.3.19 to give admins the option of hiding the IP of the sending client when using dovecot's submissiond:

https://doc.dovecot.org/3.0/settings/core/

However, when I place this option in my config, dovecot refuses to start and says that the option is not recognised:

doveconf: Fatal: Error in configuration file /etc/dovecot/conf.d/20-submission.conf line 92: Unknown setting: submission_add_received_header

Can anyone help me with this?

Ellie