On 30/03/2024 06:30 EET Joan Moreau <j...@grosjo.net> wrote:

     Hi

     I have large number of email (~TB) and want to put the index in a
     separate, rapid drive

     Initially, I have

     mail_location = mdbox:/files/mail/%d/%n

     If I put

     mail_location = mdbox:/files/mail/%d/%n:INDEX=/data/mailindexes/%d/%n

     then dovecot gets totally lost and tries to reach mailboxes content
     and
     tree from the INDEX location instead of the original location

     What is wrong ?

     Thank youHi
     I have large number of email (~TB) and want to put the index in a
     separate,
     rapid drive

     Initially, I have
     mail_location = mdbox:/files/mail/%d/%n

     If I put
     mail_location = mdbox:/files/mail/%d/%n:INDEX=/data/mailindexes/%d/%n
     then dovecot gets totally lost and tries to reach mailboxes content
     and tree
     from the INDEX location instead of the original location

     What is wrong ?
     Thank you

To do that kind of a change, mailbox migration is required.

Aki