Hello Dovecot Dev team,

In my cpanel, we use your email management. This is what my hosting provider
has allowed.

Our problem:

Since the introduction of "hi def cameras on mobile phones", we are getting
emails with "huge attachments". The email which comes with the attachments
is also important. However, once we download the email (imap), using any of
the email clients (outlook, bluemail etc.) the mailbox still has these huge
attachments. Because of this, our mailbox storage gets filled up quickly. In
our email client software, we can delete (attachments only), and leave the
email in our mailbox. So this work around helps us keep our mailbox size
manageable. Unfortunately, not everyone does this "email attachment cleanup"
regularly and end up being locked out of email storage space and probably
lost a few hours of productive time.

Our dev Request:

Would it be possible to create a setting for end users in our Cpanel, in
which we can delete the attachments without deleting the actual message?

So query should have:

<per email mailbox account> (drop down selection, like you have it now)

*       Filter 01: Select Messages older than nnn days (where nnn would be
100 to 999 days) (so for the first 99 days, every imap client would have the
opportunity to download the email and the attachments)
*       From Filter 01 = Filter 02: Select messages which are >xxx Mb (where
xxx could be 001 to 999 Mb)
*       From Filter 02 = Filter 03: Select only messages which contain
attachments (Yes)
*       From Filter 03: Permanently Delete the attachments ONLY, So not
deleting the actual email msg (OK).

So on day 100 (or after the clean up is done), the imap email client will
now only get the email but not the attachments (in the event they need to
refresh their email setup).

If such a query can be created and installed on our Cpanel, we can run this
"clean up attachments" query regularly and as such reduce our mailbox size.

Q: Would it be possible to create such a clean up tool (pre-defined) so that
the cpanel web service admin user only has to enter (nnn and xxx and Yes) to
finally click on "OK" to delete the attachments?

If this would be possible, what will it cost us to have it installed on our
Cpanel?

There is so much information/documentation already on your website
(doc.dovecot.org) and I spent about 60 min looking for such a "clean up
tool" documentation, but started getting dizzy reading all that script
language etc. Not my cup of tea.

Please help.

Thank you for considering and reading this request.

Kind regards

M. Akil Walji