David Mehler via dovecot skrev den 2024-04-25 06:49:
Hello,

I have a quick question. Can Debian, and/or it's Postfix/Dovecot/MySQL/MariaDB packages support the argon2 password hashing scheme? I had a previously-working e-mail setup on a *BSD system, utilizing the argon2ID scheme with Dovecot, Postfix, and MySQL. Since changing systems to Debian 12.5 I can't send, though checking the password with a manual login to Dovecot works fine. I'm wondering if I have to migrate the passwords from argon2ID to SHA512-CRYPT?

tux ~ # euse -I argon2
global use flags (searching: argon2)
no matching entries found

local use flags (searching: argon2)
[- c    ] argon2 (dev-lang/php):
Enable password hashing algorithm from app-crypt/argon2

[- c    ] argon2 (net-mail/dovecot):
Add support for ARGON2 password schemes

[- c    ] argon2 (sys-fs/cryptsetup):
Enable password hashing algorithm from app-crypt/argon2

is what i see in gentoo