On 27/04/2024 12:57 EEST Nils via dovecot <dovecot@dovecot.org>
     wrote:

     On 4/26/24 14:04, Aki Tuomi wrote:
          We have migration guide, see
          https://doc.dovecot.org/admin_manual/migrating_mailboxes/
          Aki
     regarding this guide:
     I am supposed to set up doveadm service on the old server and then
     call
     "doveadm backup -Ru username tcp:host:port"
     on the new server? So the reason that doveadm deleted everything
     yesterday was that I forgot the -R option?

     "The doveadm backup command forces the destination to look exactly
     like
     the source, deleting mails and mailboxes if necessary."
     Why did doveadm backup create (empty) mailboxes on the new server,
     when
     I mistakably used it in the wrong direction?

     -

     Had to switch of the email server for over 10 hours yesterday. any
     messages might not have reached me. is there a mailman archive?

Aki