Hi, I have a Dovecot installation (version 2.3.16) with 3 directors and 4
backend servers.
Three backend servers have the director_tag 'new', one has the director_tag
'old'.

The users are on the DB, the director_tag is a table field.

I want to migrate mailboxes from the old backend (Maildir format) to the new
(mdbox format).
For the migration I use the "doveadm backup" command and everything works fine.
The problem I'm having is that I can't kick the user (if logged in).

Once the migration is done (as indicated
https://doc.dovecot.org/3.0/man/doveadm-sync.1/), I modify the user's home,
mail_location and director_tag and then execute the command "doveadm director
kick ..." but the connection on the directors is not killed.

Why does this problem occur?
Could it be due to the use of the director_tag and the fact that for the
command "doveadm director kick ..." it is not possible to specify it?

Even if I run the command "doveadm director move mailbox_account
new_backend_server", the director adds a new connection but does not kill the
previous one, with the result that there are two connections for the same user,
one on the new backend and one on the old one.

I also tried to configure the director_tag only for the 3 new servers, but the
"director kick" still doesn't work.