Von: John Fawcett via dovecot <dovecot@dovecot.org>
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 3. Juli 2024 22:25
An: dovecot@dovecot.org
Betreff: Re: AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: IMAPSieve plugin will not run rspamd script

On 03/07/2024 20:53, postfix_dovecot--- via dovecot wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> again you're hitting the point!
>
> I put a "report-spam.sieve fired!" and "report-ham.sieve fired!" debug
> message in the scripts and monitored with "journalctl -u dovecot -f | grep
> fired".
> The APPEND event (move to junk) triggers BOTH scripts while the APPEND (move
> from junk to elsewhere) do nothing.
>
> With your second listing it runs as expected. Now I will crawling some RFCs
> about the commands and a possible solution.
>
> But I wonder am I the only one with this problem? I expected Outlook, even
> the older 2016, to be very popular?!
>
> Jens

Hi Jens

after posting I was thinking over the rule for APPENDing to Inbox and I did
have my doubts on that. I think it will fire even if people move email from
some other folder to Inbox or even potentially on receiving new email, so
probably not an ideal solution. I think the only real solution is to have
negative matching rules (which at the moment there
isn't)

I don't have access to Outlook 2016. I have tried it with Outlook
1.2024.701.200 (which seems a very strange version number, but that's what it
says) and I got a MOVE event just like Thunderbird. I think that a mail client
should generate a MOVE event when moving a message between folders that are on
the same server. I would only expect APPEND events if the move was happening
for example between two different servers or between server and local folders.
If you want to investigate further maybe the rawlog_dir feature would help to
capture more info.

best of luck!

John