Hello,

the replication procedure described at
https://doc.dovecot.org/configuration_manual/replication/ suggests to open a
server port 12345 on two systems, and then point each system to the other one.
This creates bi-directional synchronization.

I want to synchronize only from server A to server B, but not in the opposite
direction.  Is it sufficient on server A to set

  service doveadm {
    inet_listener {
      port = 12345
    }
  }
  doveadm_password = secret

and server B to set

  doveadm_port = 12345
  doveadm_password = secret

?  In other words, when a doveadm client (system B) connects to a server
(system A) for replication purposes, does it only read data? Or does it
instruct the server also to delete data?

To start the replication I had to executed «doveadm replicator replicate '*'».
Is in necessary to run this periodically?

Thanks for your answer,
  Дилян