On 18/07/2024 15:37, Rosario Esposito via dovecot wrote:

Hi,

On a dovecot server (2.3.21) I have a simple sieve script:

require ["duplicate"];
# rule:[duplicate]
if duplicate {
    discard;
    stop;
}

I use virtual users with mail aliases on a LDAP backend.

I have user "resposit" having 2 mail aliases:

- respo...@na.infn.it
- rosario.espos...@na.infn.it

If I send a single message to both aliases I still receive 2 copies as you can see from the attached log.

Is the "duplicate" sieve extension supposed to work this way ?

Any help would be much appreciated !

Hi Rosario

I guess the duplicate db lookup key includes both message id and username so the same message id for different users will not be flagged as a duplicate.

If you define the aliases in the mta rather than via the dovecot ldap lookup, so that the username that comes into dovecot is the same one for both aliases I suspect it will work.

John