On 2024-07-16 02:15, Aki Tuomi via dovecot wrote:

      On 16/07/2024 07:15 EEST Adam Miller via dovecot
      <dovecot@dovecot.org> wrote:

      OS: Ubuntu 22.04.1
      Dovecot: 2.3.16 (7e2e900c1a)

      When trying to enable the “imap_metadata” plugin, I get the following
      error: Plugin 'imap_metadata' not found from directory
      /usr/lib/dovecot/modules

      I have searched high and low via Google, StackOverflow and even
      ChatGPT
      (haha) but I cannot seem to find the package that provides the
      plugin.

      Does Dovecot have to be built from source for this plugin to be
      included?

      Any help is appreciated.

      Thank you!

There is no separate plugin. See https://doc.dovecot.org/settings/core/
#core_setting-imap_metadata on how to activate it.

Aki

Hi Aki and list,

Is there a list of which MUA's make use of IMAP METADATA ?  I read the
RFC and I noticed that the original author worked for Apple, but I
haven't been able to determine if any Apple Mail versions support it.

Does anyone know ?

Thanks,

- J