On 05/08/2024 16:02, Cam Ellison via dovecot wrote:
I have shifted from a system-based email system to virtual for a website I manage. The MTA is exim4, and user data are in a MySQL database.

It will receive email, but with one exception the userdb is empty and emails go out with no username in the email address. Sample error message from exim:

2024-08-05 05:21:43 1sawid-00065N-0R Error while reading message with no usable sender address (R=1sawiX-00065C-1a): at least one malformed recipient address: @scasl.ca - no local part

Hi Cam

if your issue is about sending emails and you are using dovecot only as an imap server and using exim to send emails, what is the relation between your problem and the dovecot configuration? I didn't see one, but maybe I'm misunderstanding something about the problem you are seeing.

John