> Vulnerability Details:
> Having a large number of address headers (From, To, Cc, Bcc, etc.)
> becomes excessively CPU intensive. With 100k header lines CPU usage is
> already 12 seconds, and in a production environment we observed 500k
> header lines taking 18 minutes to parse. Since this can be triggered by
> external actors sending emails to a victim, this is a security issue.
>
> The main problem is that each header line's address is added to the end
> of a linked list. This is done by walking the whole linked list, which
> becomes more inefficient the more addresses there are.
>
> Workaround:
> One can implement restrictions on address headers on MTA component
> preceding Dovecot.

I think sendmail users are in the clear, looks like the default is 32KB:

define(`confMAX_HEADERS_LENGTH',num)

If the entire MaxHeadersLength option is missing, the default is the value of
the MAXHDRSLEN compile-time macro. The default for the mc configuration
technique is 32768 bytes.

https://etutorials.org/Server+Administration/Sendmail/Part+III+The+Configuration+File/Chapter+24.+The+O+Options+Configuration+Command/MaxHeadersLength/