Good morning everyone.
I am configuring dovecot with ldap and solr as fts plugins.
The LDAP configuration works correctly and users can log in both via the userPrincipalName attribute and via mail. In this configuration the LDAP realm and the email domain differ, and on the server the LDAP realm domain is privileged. This means that the mail dir is located in ./ldap_realm/username and in the same way postfix delivers the emails to dovecot using username@ldap_realm as envelope recipient. Consequently the emails are indexed on solr using "username@ldap_realm" as user key. However if I log in in imap using the email address as username and try to do some searches dovecot sends a select to solr using the email address as key and not the ldap user, and consequently I do not get any results from the search. So my question is: is it possible to configure dovecot to force queries to solr so that "username@ldap_realm" is always used as the key even when logging in via email?

Dovecot version is: 2.3.7.2

Solr version: 7.2.1

Ldap configuration:

[...]
user_filter     = (&(|(userPrincipalName=%u)(mail=%u))(objectClass=person)(!(userAccountControl=514))(memberOf=cn=Mail,ou=Groups,dc=example,dc=org)) pass_filter     = (&(|(userPrincipalName=%u)(mail=%u))(objectClass=person)(!(userAccountControl=514))(memberOf=cn=Mail,ou=Groups,dc=example,dc=org))
pass_attrs      = userPassword=password
user_attrs      = =home=/data/mail/%Ld/%Ln/Maildir/,=mail=maildir:/data/mail/%Ld/%Ln/Maildir/

Solr configuration:

plugin {
  fts = solr
  fts_solr = url=http://solr_host:8983/solr/dovecot/
  fts_autoindex=yes
}

Best regards

--
Logo Mynet

*Michele Giacomoli*

Reparto IT

32.000 km di fibra ottica
nel nord Italia al servizio delle aziende

*www.mynet.it* <https://www.mynet.it/> - *www.vogliadifibra.it* <https://www.vogliadifibra.it/>