funny, I thought I had tried v 2.2...

Anyway, it seems to work now, let's launch alpha-9 ... :)

Thanks!
-Lukas

Dennis Lundberg wrote:
I get an error as well if I use javadoc-plugin 2.3, but not the same. Specifying javadoc-plugin 2.2 makes it work for me. That explains why I haven't seen the error before, because I have 2.2 as default. I'll add a version to the pom and check if doxia-sitetools is affected by this too.

mvn help:describe -Dplugin=org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-javadoc-plugin
reports version: 2.2

Here's the error I get:

[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] Error during page generation

Embedded error: Error rendering Maven report: Exit code: 1 - G:\apache\maven\trunks\doxia\doxia\doxia-core\src\test\java\org\apache\
maven\doxia\index\IndexEntryTest.java:59: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class IndexEntry
location: class org.apache.maven.doxia.index.IndexEntryTest
private void assertIndexEntry( IndexEntry entry, IndexEntry parent, int childCount, IndexEntry prevEntry, IndexEntry nextEntry )

                                   ^

Lukas Theussl wrote:

Since the promotion of book and maven-plugin I can't build the doxia dev site anymore. I am seeing exactly the problem described at MNG-3167 (in short: If your project contains a Maven plugin, then it is impossible to build aggregated Javadoc). It works if I set aggregate=false and if I remove the maven-plugin. Below is the full stacktrace of 'mvn site', I am using maven-plugin-plugin-2.3, maven-javadoc-plugin-2.3 and maven 2.0.6. Any idea?

Thanks,
-Lukas

[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] Error during page generation

Embedded error: Error rendering Maven report: Error extracting plugin descriptor: 'Goal: render-books already exists in the plugin descriptor for prefix: doxia Existing implementation is: org.apache.maven.doxia.plugin.DoxiaRenderBooksMojo Conflicting implementation is: org.apache.maven.doxia.plugin.DoxiaRenderBooksMojo' [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] Trace
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Error during page generation at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:564) at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLifecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:480) at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:459) at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:311) at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:278) at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:143)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:334)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:125)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException: Error during page generation at org.apache.maven.plugins.site.SiteMojo.execute(SiteMojo.java:97) at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:443) at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:539)
        ... 16 more
Caused by: org.apache.maven.doxia.siterenderer.RendererException: Error rendering Maven report: Error extracting plugin descriptor: 'Goal: render-books already exists in the plugin descriptor for prefix: doxia Existing implementation is: org.apache.maven.doxia.plugin.DoxiaRenderBooksMojo Conflicting implementation is: org.apache.maven.doxia.plugin.DoxiaRenderBooksMojo' at org.apache.maven.plugins.site.ReportDocumentRenderer.renderDocument(ReportDocumentRenderer.java:71) at org.apache.maven.doxia.siterenderer.DefaultSiteRenderer.renderModule(DefaultSiteRenderer.java:239) at org.apache.maven.doxia.siterenderer.DefaultSiteRenderer.render(DefaultSiteRenderer.java:115) at org.apache.maven.plugins.site.SiteMojo.renderLocale(SiteMojo.java:124) at org.apache.maven.plugins.site.SiteMojo.execute(SiteMojo.java:92)
        ... 18 more
Caused by: org.apache.maven.reporting.MavenReportException: Error extracting plugin descriptor: 'Goal: render-books already exists in the plugin descriptor for prefix: doxia Existing implementation is: org.apache.maven.doxia.plugin.DoxiaRenderBooksMojo Conflicting implementation is: org.apache.maven.doxia.plugin.DoxiaRenderBooksMojo' at org.apache.maven.plugin.plugin.PluginReport.executeReport(PluginReport.java:149) at org.apache.maven.reporting.AbstractMavenReport.generate(AbstractMavenReport.java:98) at org.apache.maven.plugins.site.ReportDocumentRenderer.renderDocument(ReportDocumentRenderer.java:67)
        ... 22 more
Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.descriptor.DuplicateMojoDescriptorException: Goal: render-books already exists in the plugin descriptor for prefix: doxia Existing implementation is: org.apache.maven.doxia.plugin.DoxiaRenderBooksMojo Conflicting implementation is: org.apache.maven.doxia.plugin.DoxiaRenderBooksMojo at org.apache.maven.plugin.descriptor.PluginDescriptor.addMojo(PluginDescriptor.java:103) at org.apache.maven.tools.plugin.scanner.DefaultMojoScanner.populatePluginDescriptor(DefaultMojoScanner.java:97) at org.apache.maven.plugin.plugin.PluginReport.executeReport(PluginReport.java:138)
        ... 24 more