Dennis Lundberg wrote:
Lukas Theussl wrote:

I assume from the recent silence that I am not the only one having troubles with this. What's other people's status with doxia? As for me, I still can't make it work with any versions of the site plugin.

I don't get the error message that you noted below, when I use doxia built from trunk. The dependency issues should be sorted out, after I wnet through it with the dependency-plugin.

I do however get other exceptions from time to time, usually ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException.

I'd love to get one of those, at least I would know where to start looking... ;) Vincent has confirmed privately that he sees the same Exception though, so at least I don't feel completely alone. ;) I have currently given up on trying to hunt this down as I think I have already wasted too much time on it and I don't really know what I'm doing. So I resolved to employ a strategy that I frequently, and successfully, used with m1: just wait until it starts working! :)

I have been quite busy recently, (and actually expect to be so for the next few weeks still), but I have a few patches waiting and they start to pile up, and generally, I'd like to start pushing for beta-1.

Do you feel that alpha-9 is unusable? Just curious if I should push releases of MSITE, MPIR et al with alpha-9. I feel that we can do all the work in the world on doxia, but it will not benefit maven users until we start releasing the plugins...

I can't really say anything as I'm not able to test. The bug that Vincent has fixed should affect the layout of tables in project-info and plugin reports. (As a sidenote: this might be browser dependent as Vincent and I have seen different results on different OSs). Other than this, alpha-9 should be perfectly usable, after all, we've spent quite some time to make it so!

I assume that the problems I see are strictly maven related (ie outside doxia). I also assume that an alpha-10 release (if we do one) with just Vincent's trivial bug fix, can be done from the alpha-9 tag. So, any objections if I go ahead committing on trunk?

Dive right in. We could easily set up a branch from alpha-9 if we decide to do an alpha-10.

Ok, will do :) beta-1 will necessitate a bunch of changes for some things to get fixed, so we could keep an alpha branch for bug fixes only.

Cheers,
-Lukas

Lukas Theussl wrote:

Just summing up some stuff I've been discussing with some people on IRC already: I am working on several enhancements for doxia-beta-1 (DOXIA-137, DOXIA-154, DOXIA-155) which involve some changes to the sink API and I'd like to test it with the current site plugin (aside: all tests pass within doxia and site-renderer). After yesterdays dependency clean-up (thanks Dennis!) I am finally able to build everything, but running 'site' I get the stack trace below. This seems to be exactly the same problem that has been reported [1] once already. To be definite: all I did was upgrade the doxia deps in [maven-reporting-api, maven-reporting-impl, maven-plugin-plugin, maven-project-info-reports-plugin, maven-site-plugin] but it seems I am missing another upgrade somewhere. Any hints appreciated.

Thanks,
-Lukas

[1] http://www.nabble.com/Stuck-t2127808s177.html

mvn -e site
+ Error stacktraces are turned on.
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] Building Doxia Site
[INFO]    task-segment: [site]
[INFO] ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- [INFO] snapshot org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin:2.0-beta-6-SNAPSHOT: checking for updates from apache.snapshots [INFO] snapshot org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-plugins:9-SNAPSHOT: checking for updates from apache.snapshots [INFO] snapshot org.apache.maven.doxia:doxia-maven-plugin:1.0-beta-1-SNAPSHOT: checking for updates from apache.snapshots [INFO] snapshot org.apache.maven.doxia:doxia-book:1.0-beta-1-SNAPSHOT: checking for updates from apache.snapshots [INFO] snapshot org.apache.maven.doxia:doxia-module-itext:1.0-beta-1-SNAPSHOT: checking for updates from apache.snapshots [INFO] snapshot org.apache.maven.doxia:doxia-module-latex:1.0-beta-1-SNAPSHOT: checking for updates from apache.snapshots [INFO] snapshot org.apache.maven.doxia:doxia-module-docbook-simple:1.0-beta-1-SNAPSHOT: checking for updates from apache.snapshots
[INFO] [doxia:render-books {execution: default}]
[INFO] [modello:xdoc {execution: site-docs}]
[INFO] outputDirectory: /home/lukas/maven/maven/doxia/site/target/generated-site/xdoc
[INFO] Generating current version: 1.0.0
[INFO] [modello:xsd {execution: site-docs}]
[INFO] outputDirectory: /home/lukas/maven/maven/doxia/site/target/generated-site/xsd
[INFO] Generating current version: 1.0.0
[ERROR] FATAL ERROR
[INFO] org/apache/maven/doxia/sink/SinkFactory
[INFO] Trace
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/maven/doxia/sink/SinkFactory
        at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredMethods(Class.java:1655)
        at java.lang.Class.privateGetPublicMethods(Class.java:1778)
        at java.lang.Class.privateGetPublicMethods(Class.java:1794)
        at java.lang.Class.privateGetPublicMethods(Class.java:1794)
        at java.lang.Class.getMethods(Class.java:832)
at hidden.org.codehaus.plexus.util.ReflectionUtils.getSetter(ReflectionUtils.java:74) at org.codehaus.plexus.component.configurator.converters.ComponentValueSetter.initSetter(ComponentValueSetter.java:81) at org.codehaus.plexus.component.configurator.converters.ComponentValueSetter.<init>(ComponentValueSetter.java:62) at org.codehaus.plexus.component.configurator.converters.composite.ObjectWithFieldsConverter.processConfiguration(ObjectWithFieldsConverter.java:134) at org.codehaus.plexus.component.configurator.BasicComponentConfigurator.configureComponent(BasicComponentConfigurator.java:56) at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.populatePluginFields(DefaultPluginManager.java:1147) at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.getConfiguredMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:614) at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.getReport(DefaultPluginManager.java:495) at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.getReports(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:683) at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.getReports(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:650) at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:517) at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLifecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:480) at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:459) at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:311) at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:278) at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:143) at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:334)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:125)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
[INFO] Total time: 36 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Sun Sep 30 08:20:34 CEST 2007
[INFO] Final Memory: 18M/33M