Hi,

Just letting folks know that I've taken what's in trunk and I've been chopping it apart for a couple weeks:

- removing plexus as a requirement
- dumped the doxia-book module -- it doesn't belong in the core
- dumped the doxia-maven-plugin module -- it doesn't belong in the core
- dumped the doxia-logging-api -- I don't know who did this but it's just a bad idea - i combined the parser and sink apis. they are never used apart in practice, the separate attempt failed inside maven

My ultimate goal is to extract the dependency on doxia out of Maven's core. What's happened is a terrible coupling. The plugin manager is bound to doxia because of reports which essentially look like plugins and ultimately it should just be another system that is pulled in as a set of components. That release of maven and doxia are coupled needs to be removed for Maven 2.1. I am personally interested in creating a data driven API for reporting, not a document driven API. No one needs to use what I'm making, but at the very least I will remove the dependency on Doxia from Maven's core. I'll probably put this somewhere in the next few weeks to show people, I just started one day a few weeks ago and I just ended up where I am now. Not saying anyone has to use what I'm making just giving folks a heads up.

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
jason at sonatype dot com

We know what we are, but know not what we may be.

-- Shakespeare