It works for me (again with doxia 1.1 but I think this should work with alpha as well).

Note that the character you want is the form feed character '\f' in java. I quickly checked with notepad++ (never used it) and didn't find an easy way to insert control characters. But you can get a list of characters in the menu 'TextFX - TextFX Tools - Insert Ascii chart' and copy/paste the form feed char (a big inverted 'FF'). Alternatively use another text editor...

HTH,
-Lukas

dhallammail-apa...@yahoo.com wrote:
Hi all,

I'm following the syntax for Apt and am trying to use "^L" (without quotes) to
create a page break.

In the generated html book, this is rendered as "^L" and it doesn't cause any
page break at all in the generated PDF.

I've tried using Ctrl-L, i.e. single non-printable character but that doesn't appear to
work either - doesn't help when Ctrl-L is "remove line" in Notepad++.

Any ideas?

Many thanks,

Dave