When Doxia generates HTML from APT, it appears to force the HTML file to use ISO-8859-1, regardless of the original APT's encoding. I don't really understand why, since the Maven Doxia Converter supposedly generates all files in UTF-8:

  http://maven.apache.org/doxia/doxia-tools/doxia-converter/index.html

I found another user who's having a similar problem: