Hi Lukas:

I really appreciate that you are taking the time to help me with my problem.

I can access the image as a link using the Confluence hyper-link markup,
like so:

[Click here to see image|../images/hello-world.jpg]

The markup shown above renders the <href> HTML properly.

So, it seems to me that the image can be found. It appears that the parser
is not respecting the exclamation point markup that Confluence uses for
image display.

Tell me please, have you been successful getting images to display using
Confluence markup? If so, can you pass me one of your Maven projects that
has images displaying via Confluence markup?

Again, thanks for taking the time to help me out with my problem.

Bob