Bill,

This round was primarily done to learn how to do it.  I have found C++
source code that can be included into a project to do time sync.  It seems
to be much more powerful and gives me access to more functionality.  Only
problem is I have even less of a clue where to start now.  But it is my next
project, to improve the timesync addon to do a few things:

1. not need to use an ActiveX control
2. be able to post results or success/failure into the DQSD window
3. have a timeout setting to cancel the sync if no result within that time

anyone interested in helping... the source code is here:
http://www.codeproject.com/internet/csntp.asp

If I have any success, I'll update the addon.  But don't hold your breath.

JB