you are correct.  what i said and what i meant to say were 2 different
things.

the point is this (i think)...

i think Dave and the other contributors are committed to DQSD as an open
source project.  DQSD (and any open source project) will only succeed as
such if folk feel free to contribute without fear of getting ripped off or
fear of turning huge profits for others with no return to themselves.  from
that perspective, DQSD will probably never be involved in any means to turn
a profit (i mean how do you honestly share the $ with all the hundreds of
contributors over the years).  though off-shoots of DQSD may indeed be used
to turn a profit.

again this is just my $0.02.  maybe i read Dave and Glenn wrong, but they
seem like a couple of upstanding gentlemen (loosely speaking) who would have
trouble profiting from the free contributions of others.

i'm having trouble saying what i am thinking... but you get the point.

JB