That's right, you CAN sell GPL software. In fact, I can sell copies of DQSD for as much as I want. Of course, I'd only make a sale if the buyer somehow forgot that they could download it for free. :)

Message: 2
From: Greg Mitchell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 08:19:53 -0600 (CST)
Subject: RE: [DQSD-Users] Daves toolbar
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Actually, you can sell GPL software.  You just have to give the person you
sold it to the source, and the right to distribute it under the GPL.  For an
example, see RedHat.

As to the Hotbot toolbar, my understanding was that they approached Dave,
despite the fact that they didn't have to, as long as they adhere to the
GPL, which they have every intention of doing.

Greg