Title: Message
I think I know your answer... but please read on...

First... this is DQSD not the Google bar.  Am I troubleshooting DQSD or the Google tool bar?  They are 2 totally unrelated items.  Details in troubleshooting any software problem are very important.

Second...please do not be offended but this is the last time I will respond in direct e-mail (not on one of the DQSD lists).  I say this not to be mean but simply because I do not have all the answers.  Many others in the DQSD community have seen problems like this and over come them.  There is a wealth of information available from other DQSD users.  Unfortunately to most everyone else your problem is not their top priority so you may have to show some patience.  "Please" and "thank you" usually go a long way here.

Finally... what I think the answer is...

Let's get the facts straight...
  -Win XP Pro + patches... good.
  -IE 6+... good.
  -DQSD or Google bar... not sure... but assuming DQSD since you've contacted this list.

1.5  I use Windows XP. When I open DQSD I only see the word "Search" on my taskbar. Why?
XP has a "lock taskbar" feature set by default. Right click on your taskbar and uncheck Lock taskbar. Then you can drag DQSD all you need and you can disable showing the name (search), etc... When you get it like you want it, you can lock the taskbar again.

But I think you might be having the script errors too.

So try this also if IE is not your default browser... http://www.dqsd.net/faq.htm#Known%20Issues

8.2  The default browser option does not seem to be working. Is this a known problem?
The problem is that your default browser isn't set everywhere. Somewhere deep in your registry, IE still thinks it is the default browser. These steps prove helpful:
  1. Use tools or preferences of your browser set itself as the default browser.
  2. Set the option in your browser to check if it is the default browser when it launches.
  3. Close your browser.
  4. Use the SetBrowser utility to set the default browser.
  5. Open your browser. If it prompts to be your default browser, say yes.
Doing all of these steps should finally set your default browser in all the "right" places. It really seems to be an important step to have the browser prompt to make it the default, as the final step.

The SetBrowser utility can be found here:
http://www.pc-tools.net/win32 /freeware/setbrowser/

If script errors remain you might want to try making sure your PC is running the latest script engine from Microsoft available here:
or here:

Hope this helps.  And again I recommend you subscribe to the users list if even only until you get this resolved.  Subscribe here:

Thanks for bearing with me,
JB