Subject: [DQSD-Users] RE: Comx update: properly sized windows

> Okay, this sounds like a job for localprefs.js. For me, comx works better
if
> the windows are resized after creation. For you, comx works better if the
> windows are sized at creation. Actually, if the window.open would just
> respect the specified dimensions when it opened on my PC, I would prefer
it
> that way, too. You like the image scaled to the window created; I like the
> original dimensions, unscaled.

I do too but thats a little tricky.  Actually with the resizing you have in
now, since the original window is initially displayed so close to the actual
comic dimension, the resizing isnt even noticeable..  I like it..
Interestingly, the comic windows look vertically offset a tad on my win2k
machine, but the windows look perfectly tight on my XP machine..     Not
enough to worry about though.. looks fine..

> While we're about it, we should throw in a
> list of daily preferred comics, so I don't have to type them on the line
> (Yes, I do remember localaliases.txt).

heehee  aliases are your friend!...

> What about title bars? Should they be
> preference-based? Should window.open vs (how did we do it before?
> Document.open?) be preference-base? What other options should we let users
> set outside of code?

Nah its not worth all that..  it works great as it is..  and since the
defaults have now been moved inside a case statement, it makes it easier to
add other sites later on..

I like the package as it is now, with your latest resize mods..

Unless you object I would like to check it in..

Monty