Thanks John. I tried wading through this and tinkered with the search.css file. I have found if I delete the 'body' section mentione below I do indeed get to see the search box in the taskbar again, however the magnifying glass that shows before it and the button after it are missing. Also the form field while being visible is totally non functional.

A step perhaps, but there still seems to be something amis.

On 6/28/06, John W. Bairen, Jr. <[EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote:

From: Keryn Mark (Volt) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, June 27, 2006 6:17 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [DQSD-Users] IE7 Compatibility issue with Dave's Quick Search Taskbar Toolbar Deskbar

Hi John,

My apologies for the delay in response.  I've checked in with our test team about this, and they recommend the following to try and resolve these issues for IE7:

(1)     Updating the CSS to provide the correct rendering of this toolbar in IE7.  We pulled apart the resources from the application to create something local for a repro of this issue.  We found the following code:

Context from HTML:

<head>

Likely causing the disappearance of the content within the page:

body

{

 margin: 0px;

 border: 0;

 padding: 0;

 background-color: threedface;

}

(2)     If this CSS changes don't resolve all of the issues, we recommend also reviewing security best practices for IE7.  It's possible that this may be caused by a security issue where files don't access cross domain, protocol or zone.

Below I've included several articles that may be of help in reviewing these two solutions:

-          Upcoming HTTS Improvements in IE7: http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2005/10/22/483795.aspx

-          Security & Compatibility in IE&: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=""

-          CSS Compatibility in IE7: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=""

Please let me know if you have any other questions, we're happy to help!

Best Regards,

Keryn Mark

PM, IE7 Compatibility Team