I have used most of the add-ons, and have the (3rd party) iptools addon
installed now, but have given up on most of the others over time. The
functionality exposed by addons is almost always available directly as a
search, so I use that method now - writing a replacement for it if I
have to.

I do think we should provide hooks for searches so they can chain
themselves in the "auto-" parsing featureset. It would make it a lot
easier to integrate things that have a consistent style and form, and
still be able to use DQSD in those situations where one has disabled the
search that is hard-coded into the auto- functionality now.

And, of course, I still think we should consider migrating to an xml
storage format so we can have a user-interface for building and
maintaining settings. The chrome idea is a good one, and I think it
would be quite useful for the novice market.

You know, I don't know how people function without DQSD. Seriously. I
have a client that uninstalled it over the weekend and called me up at
3am because her "calendar was gone". It was one of those "next time call
me first" moments, 'cause she deleted the user settings, too, which
included a couple searches I created just for her to manager her sites.
Sigh.

I really can't imagine having to manually do all the stuff DQSD does for
me.

-Shawn