I  recently dug into an R4B to try to find out why it was not working.  One
thing that I found is the brass plate that sits on the threaded main shaft
that also push/pulls the coil slug in and out was at the back of the housing
and was out of threads so the main threaded rod was not picking up that
slide.  I unscrewed the adjusting allen screw a half turn and that gave me
part of a thread for the slide to grab but that also pulled that threaded
shaft back enough that the ball bearings fell out and went everywhere.

So I am looking for a source for those ball bearings and also need some info
on how that pto goes back together mechanically.  I have the article from
WB8RCR's site but do not see what I am looking for (to see how the ball
bearings are held in there and also whether a washer is needed between the
brass plate and the housing).  I found a few of the bearings but I must be
missing something because there was nothing to hold them in the race they
had fallen out of so they fell again.  I thought the tapered collar on the
threaded shaft also held the bearings into the race but I either can not get
that collar far enough forward and being too far forward the shaft will not
turn.  If it is backed off slightly it will turn but the bearings fall out.
Also when all the way forward like the there are enough threads for the
brass plate and it runs off the end and will not start forward again.

Does anyone have a url or a good description of how the pto goes together
and still works and travels?

Thank you.

Jim Pruitt