Many thanks to all who responded to my questions.
I will start with the simple suggestions working down the list.
We're supposed to get a few days of snow so I should have the time to start.
I'm most comfortable with the easier suggestions. (bad eyes and fat fingers)
For the CW I checked the 6ev7 on an Eico 667 tester and neither side shows any gassing, the tube looks remarkably good. next I'll move to the supply ripple check
For the intermit tx, last I tried it, it was working, (the load cap looks like it might have a dead spot?)
I'm hopping some cleaning will work that out.
I appreciate the advice and suggestions.
Will let you know how things work out.
Again thanks, 73 George KB2Z