Thanks to several of you who responded to my query. I resoldered the
filament pin once, as mentioned before. Then after reading your comments, I
did another, more extensive resoldering job, and resoldered BOTH filament
pins. The tube now seems to stay lit.
I may have been short sighted to have only resoldered the one pin intially.
Thanks again, 73, Gerald, KB7QQ

---