Hi John -

The TR7 can handle the SB220/221 switching with no external relay/soft-key needed.

I have been using this combination for years with no problem.

Many of the newer rigs have rather flimsy relays and require a modification to the amplifier or installation of a "soft-key" to handle the current required to switch the SB220/221...NOT the TR7.

73,
Jay/AF2C