<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterence to the drakelist gang
First, if the MFJ-900 can really handle 150W continuous, my old '91 Mazda
can do 0 to 60 in less than 6 seconds. It's probably more like 150 watts
PEP on a good day. Because this tuner is very small, I would suspect that
it is very lossy may get warm at full power output. You need two
additional items: a dummy load and SWR meter. I would tune up the T-4X
into the dummy load and then switch into the SWR meter/tuner/antenna combo
with the SWR meter the first thing connected to the T-4X. Then use the
tuner to lower the SWR. Be sure to do this at low power or you'll quickly
ruin your finals! The best way to do this would be in the AM mode without
modulation as this is the lowest power output mode available.