Extreme care should be used in the application of the various antenna waxes and greases in today's market.

Although these products apply easily, the is at least one, if not adverse, annoying after effect.  The Velocity Factor of the antenna increases which causes the rf to enter and leave the antenna more efficiently...However retuning of the system is usually a "given" due to the change in the signal propagation.

The antenna will have to be made longer due to the increase in velocity factor.

Best of luck es 73,

Jay/AF2C