doc <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterence to the drakelist gang ---------------------------------------------------------------------- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
<<  .....Unfortunately a lot of these radios are parted out because
the greedy seller thinks he can get more for it that way. >>

If you don't believe that, take a look at all the TR-7s that are being parted out on that e site. There are several guys doing it.

Personally, I have no problem about parting out a bonafide basket case but to tear apart a perfectly good operational unit to make a profit is a real sin. I just wonder how many SX-88s, SX-9s and earlier Hallicrafters sets have met the same fate.

73,

John, W4AWM

I have posted a similar lament in the past ... there is however
one advantage ... our estates will be able to sell our nearly
"extinct" remnant gear for really big bucks!

Meanwhile W0WMZ Bill Zeller is resurrecting two declared-dead
TR7's I rescued, one for me and the other for himself.

--
Thanks! & 73, doc kd4e
West Central Florida  100% Linux.  Suse 9.1