I once successfully cleared the sticky-ness off of a Drake by wiping it down with "Armor-All" cleaner, the stuff I had used in the past on dashboards.. I recall it was their Cleaner, and not the "Protectant," but it might have been a combo product. Did just what I hoped it would, and left the cabinet with a nice finish, left the original color, just not sticky. As I recall it took at least an hour of repeated scrubbing. I believe I used an old, soft terry towell. Try it on a surface which is not highly visible, as I am going from memory here, and you know how that can be.
    Les