Garey Barrell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterence to the drakelist gang ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Jay -

The TR-7A came with the NB and a 500 Hz filter standard. An RC network was installed in one filter position for AM reception, and a gas discharge surge protector was added on the antenna input. An auxiliary microphone input was brought out to an RCA jack on the back panel.

Not too long ago you could purchase just the plastic trim strip for the front panel that said "TR-7A" for less than $10. I suspect there are more than a few "sorta" TR-7A's floating around out there. On the other hand, there are probably also "real" TR-7A's that have been stripped of their NB and 500 Hz filter (and anything else removable for sale on ebay).

There is an excellent article at

<http://www89405.temp.w1.com/DrakeArticles/TR7_Comparison_Article/TR7_Idenity-01.htm>

that discusses the various versions of the TR-7.

73, Garey - K4OAH
Atlanta

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I learned something today! All this time, I thought that the TR7-A came with all filters, NB, Fans etc.

Guess I was incorrect!

73,
Jay/AF2C

At 02:25 AM 10/2/04 -0500, you wrote:

"Jim Shorney" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterence to the drakelist gang