Sent: Tuesday, November 30, 2004 1:31 PM
Subject: [drakelist] T-4XB troubles

Hey all, I am new to the group, and would like to start off by picking the collective brain :-)) I am having trouble with my T-4XB. I was working CW with it the other day when all of a sudden, it shot a fuse. I changed out the fuse and started it back up. The new fuse didn't blow, but when the set warms up, and the tubes start to conduct, the TX/RX relay kicks in and the plate meter starts to show a lot of plate current, around .25 to .3 on the meter. The transmitter won't tune, won't key, won't do anything except light up. I did a visual check underneath, and nothing is obviously burned. or out of place. I thought it may be the 6EV7 tube associated with the relay, but I have no way of testing the one in the set, or any of the others I got with it.  Anyway, I thought this may be a common problem associated with this particular set and decided to put the problem in front of the all knowing ones of the famous Drake list! Anybody got any ideas?

73's

Greg Gifford / KG4MMY