Stu Greene <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterence to the drakelist gang ---------------------------------------------------------------------- At 04:52 PM 12/6/2004, Gene McCalmont wrote:

"Gene McCalmont" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterence to the drakelist gang
 I have another L-4B, left at my door in a wicker basket
with a note from its previous owner, which is suffering from a blown R12. I
had not been into this PS as yet, but opened it up just a few moments ago.
Yup... Thar she blows (no pun intended)... A wirewound "flameproof" just as
Garey had said and with the same markings (best I can tell), so I believe it
was original. Interesting. However, I fear that this owner was not so lucky
and it looks like one or more of the carbon bleeder resistors have cooked. I
am somewhat reluctant to look further into this... before Christmas!

If the B+ cord from the power supply to the amp had not been disconnected, that resistor is going West together with one or both of the 25K ohm bleeder resistors. More than likely the diode bank on the side where the bleeder resistor blew will have to be replaced. This is spelled out in the operator's manual.

You have a bit of work awaiting.