Hello,

I'm new to the Drake forum and have a couple of questions that I hope that someone can answer.

What is the major differences between the various TR-4 versions. IE TR-4, TR-4C etc.

For general operating , it the C-Line (R-4, T-04) radios better perfomers than the TR-4 transcivers?

I enjoy operating, but do not spend enough time on the air. I spend about half of the time on CW and half on SSB.

I'm debating on what kind of rig to get. Any advice in this direction would be very helpful.

I spend a lot of my spare time, restoring old boat-anchors, mostly Hallicrafters receivers such as the SX-100, SX-25 Etc

Would also consider a swap of a good original Drake for maybe a nice SX-25 or possibly an SX-101. I would like to do the service including recapping my-self, so would like to get a rig that is original..

Thank you in advance for any informartion you have to offer.

Best,
DW Holtman
WB7SSN