-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Tim Kass
Sent: Sunday, December 12, 2004 6:05 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [drakelist] Drake R4B Bad Caps Question

"Tim Kass" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterence to the drakelist gang

Kevin,

I dont remember what W8UT did, probably the same thing that Im telling you,
but I saw a neat fix that someone did on one of my R4B's, left the
electrolytic can in place so it looked stock, but cut all the leads from it
underside and wired in separate small electrolytics...works great.
Otherwise, its difficult to find replacements.  I have found some at
Mendelson's Surplus in Dayton,Ohio, they have alot of NOS but I was alittle
concerned about them being dryed up, I bought some and used them in my
Hammarlunds, they were fine.  I don't know if they will get them for you
however, Mendelson's is a huge surplus place, about the physical size of a
football field, with rows and rows of NOS as well as used parts in bins.  I
go up there about twice a year to stock up on parts and hardware, they also
sell screws, nuts, bolts, etc. for $100 a pound.

73, Tim
K8WBL

WD-40, Balin' wire, silicone sealant and duct tape, pretty much fixes
everything!

>From: "Kevin Gray" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: [drakelist] Drake R4B Bad Caps Question
>Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 13:49:04 -0500
>

>"Kevin Gray" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterence to the drakelist gang
>I am working on a R4B and have a noise when I turn on the rig. I am
>assuming
>it is the caps in the Can.  I looked on the Drake site and saw that W8UT
>had
>a good fix.  I was wondering if anyone has tried this method of fixing a
>R4B
>or if there is anywhere to buy a can already manufactured with these caps.
>

>Thanks
>
>Kevin
>
>K8SU
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]

>body
>Hopelessly Lost:    [EMAIL PROTECTED] - help in body of message
>Zerobeat Web Page:  http://www.zerobeat.net
>Brought to you courtesy of TLCHost.net  http://www.tlchost.net/
body
Zerobeat Web Page:  http://www.zerobeat.net