"Jim Shorney" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterence to the drakelist gang
On Sat, 01 Jan 2005 16:16:54 -0500, Garey Barrell wrote:

>Something else is going on if you are hearing a signal that is 45 kHz away!
>
>Unless you are living next to CHU and listening to a QRP signal from
>Tibet, something else is wrong!  You don't have the calibrator switched
>on do you?  Or the RV-7/75 external PTO?  Is the card cage shield in
>place with ALL screws?   DO you live under the CHU tower?  :-)

Maybe bad filter capacitors on the DC-DC converter board? I could QSO
on three different frequencies at once when my TR7 had this disease.
Potentially handy, but it didn't do much for RX performance in a
crowded band. Check to see if you can recieve a strong signal about 23
KHz above and/or below the true frequency.

--
Jim Shorney      -->.<--Put complaints in this box
jshorney (at) inebraska.com